Looking for tips to access the North Dakota Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
In this article, we will make Unemployment Insurance Benefits easy to understand with North Dakota Unemployment phone numbers and other contact information.
The experience of unemployment is often fraught with anxiety and feelings of worthlessness. Not being able to provide for oneself and one’s family can be very difficult, and the stress of the situation can be overwhelming.
Those who are unemployed may feel like they are a burden to their loved ones, and they may feel like they are not good enough or valuable enough. It is important to remember that you are not alone in this experience, and there are people who care about you and want to help.
You are valuable, even if you are not working at the moment. There are many resources available to you, so please do not hesitate to reach out for help.
Why did we create the North Dakota Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide?
Government websites can be difficult to navigate for a lot of people. They may be confusing or hard to use, and they may not have all the information people need. This can be frustrating and overwhelming, especially for people who are already struggling.
Having said that, please use our guide as support but NOT the official guide. You will NEED to contact the official unemployment government staff and fight for your own benefits. You can do this.
Who’s in charge of North Dakota Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
Job Assistance North Dakota’s workforce and unemployment programs are available to all residents of the state. North Dakota has nine Workforce Centers, as well as a central office in Bismarck where the unemployment insurance program is administered.
UI benefits assist jobless people to maintain financial security when they lose their jobs due to no fault of their own, bridging the gap as North Dakotans look for new opportunities and ensuring labor market stability.
Below is what its official website looks like.
North Dakota Unemployment Contact
Unemployment Insurance contact information
- Phone: (701) 328-4995
- Fax: (701) 328-2728
For assistance regarding Unemployment Insurance collections
- Phone: (701) 328-2825
Unemployment Insurance Tax & Field Services contact information
- Phone: (701) 328-2814
- Fax: (701) 328-1882
For assistance with your North Dakota Log In
- Phone: (701) 328-4470
For assistance with filing an Unemployment Insurance appeal
- Toll-free: (800) 351-9098
TTY – Relay ND contact information
- Phone: (800) 366-6888
General contact information
- Job Service North Dakota
PO Box 5507
Bismarck, ND 58506-5507
- Central Office: 1-701-328-2825
- TTY Relay ND: 800-366-6888
- FAX: 701-328-4000
How To Qualify for North Dakota Unemployment Benefits
In order to be eligible for unemployment benefits in North Dakota, a claimant must fulfill the following criteria:
- You may be fired for no fault of your own, or your working hours may be cut.
- Be financially eligible – this is determined based on the job you’ve done and the pay you’ve received throughout the course of your base period, which helps determine benefit levels.
- Be on the lookout for fresh work.
- Ability to work when job is available
- When a job opportunity arises, be ready to work.
How Much Unemployment Benefits Will I Get in North Dakota?
- Base Period: First 4 of the last 5 completed quarters
- Alt Base Period: N/A
- Duration of Benefits: 12-26 weeks
- Weekly Payment: Min $43 to Max $640
- Maximum Benefits Amount (1 year): $16,068
How Do I Apply for North Dakota Unemployment Benefits?
North Dakota offers two options for a claimant to file an initial unemployment claim:
- Online via Job Service North Dakota’s UI benefits site
- By telephone – the telephone number is 701-328-4995
- Claims Center staff are available to help claimants Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
How do I Manage My North Dakota Unemployment Benefits
You must recertify your eligibility for each week you wish to receive unemployment benefits. Weekly benefit certifications can be performed online or over the phone by calling 701-328-4995, North Dakota’s automated voice response system.
The PIN you obtained when you submitted your original claim will be required to complete the certification procedure. If you haven’t set up your PIN yet, or if you’ve misplaced or forgotten it, log into your account and click Reset PIN from the main menu.
You must answer questions concerning your work activities from the previous week, such as how much money you made, if you were able and available for work, and whether you performed the requisite number of job searches for that week.
You must submit all of this information before you will be approved for a weekly benefit payment.
How Do I Appeal a North Dakota Unemployment Decision?
All notifications, rulings, and decisions issued in connection with an initial unemployment claim are subject to appeal by both the employer and the claimant. You can file an appeal by sending a comprehensive statement of appeal in writing using your online account.
All petitions must be submitted to Job Service North Dakota’s Appeals Section on or before the deadline date specified in your letter of denial.
Written appeal petitions can also be dropped off at any Job Service office, faxed to 701-328-2728, or addressed to Appeals Section, P.O. Box 5507, Bismarck, ND 58506-5507.
How Do I Report a North Dakota Unemployment Fraud?
UI benefits fraud can appear in a variety of ways. Identity theft is one of the most pernicious. If you feel someone is claiming unemployment benefits fraudulently using your information, please report it using the online form provided by North Dakota.
You can also use the same form to report any suspicions that someone is getting UI benefits by giving false or misleading information. Assisting North Dakota in its investigation of UI benefits fraud ensures that tax money are used wisely and that UI benefits are distributed to those who need them most.
How Do I Talk to a Person in North Dakota Unemployment Customer Service?
- Call 1-701-328-4995 for further information.
- Press 1 or say “English” (for English)
- Alternatively, say “Questions” or press 3. (if you do not have a claim and have general questions about the unemployment insurance program)
- Keep the connection open.
- You will be connected to a live customer service person from North Dakota Unemployment Insurance via the automated phone system.
ND Unemployment Voice Main Menu
- Press 1 to file or manage your claim, complete your weekly certification or make changes to your account say “Claim”.
- Press 2 if you are experiencing issues logging into the UI ICE website say “Website”.
- Press 3 if you do not have a claim and have general questions about the unemployment insurance program say “Questions”.
North Dakota Unemployment Customer Service Representatives Hours
- Live North Dakota Unemployment Insurance customer service is available from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday.
- Saturday-Sunday closed.
North Dakota Unemployment Support Phone Numbers
- ND Unemployment Support Phone Number: 1-701-328-4995. Live North Dakota Unemployment Insurance customer service is available from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- Assistance regarding Unemployment Insurance collections: 1-701-328-2825.
- Unemployment Insurance Tax & Field Services: 1-701-328-2814.
- Assistance with your North Dakota Log In: 1-701-328-4470.
- Assistance with filing an Unemployment Insurance appeal, preparing for hearings, and appeal rights: 1-800-351-9098.
- Job Service North Dakota: 1-701-328-2825.
ND Unemployment Fax Number
- General Unemployment Insurance benefit inquiries: 1-701-328-2728.
- Unemployment Insurance Tax & Field Services: 1-701-328-1882.
- Job Service North Dakota Central Office: 1-701-328-4000
Job Service North Dakota Web Links
- North Dakota Unemployment Web Site
- Job Service North Dakota Facebook page
- Job Service ND Twitter page
- JobServiceND Youtube page
- Job Service North Dakota Linkedin page
North Dakota Unemployment Insurance (UI) Mailing Addresses
- Job Service North Dakota:
PO Box 5507
Bismarck, ND 58506-5507
ND Unemployment Live Chat Support
- Go to the North Dakota Unemployment page
- Click the “Need Help?” red button.
- Start chat.
North Dakota Unemployment support email
- Benefit Payment Fraud related assistance: Report Unemployment Fraud contact form
- Veterans related assistance: Contact your local Veterans’ Employment Team Member contact form
- Appeals: Appeals contact form
- Assistance regarding other Unemployment Insurance areas (overpayments / other): Overpayments contact form
North Dakota UI Help Center
- You can get more information about North Dakota UI Customers on the North Dakota UI Customers Support page.
What if I got fired?
You may be disqualified for benefits if the employer can prove you were discharged for work-related misconduct. An employer must prove misconduct before you are eligible for benefits.
What if I quit?
In general, you are not eligible if you leave your work freely.
If you quit for “good cause,” though, you may be able to collect. The state unemployment office determines what constitutes good reason, and you can make your case for getting benefits.
You should be entitled to a hearing if your claim is denied so that you can explain your claim. You should contact your local office because regulations and conditions differ from state to state.
- Montana Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
- Nebraska Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
- Nevada Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
- New Hampshire Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
- New Jersey Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
North Dakota Unemployment Phone Number and Office Locations
|North Dakota Unemployment Office
|North Dakota Unemployment Office Locations
|North Dakota Unemployment Phone Number
|Unemployment Office – Bismarck
|1601 East Century AvenueBismarck, ND 58503
|Unemployment Office – Devils Lake
|301 College Drive SouthDevils Lake, ND 58301
|Unemployment Office – Dickinson
|66 Osborn DriveDickinson, ND 58601
|Unemployment Office – Fargo
|1350 32nd Street SouthFargo, ND 58103
|Unemployment Office – Grand Forks
|1501 28th Avenue SouthGrand Forks, ND 58201
|Unemployment Office – Jamestown
|1307 12th Ave NE Suite 3Jamestown, ND 58401
|Unemployment Office – Minot
|3416 North BroadwayMinot, ND 58703
|Unemployment Office – Wahpeton
|524 2nd Avenue NorthWahpeton, ND 58075-4418
|Unemployment Office – Williston
|422 1st Avenue WestWilliston, ND 58801
We hope the above info has been helpful to you.
We do not make any financial advice but below are some of our thoughts that could help you stand on your feet sooner than later.
- Don’t feel shame about needing help, but also don’t feel entitled.
- Don’t beat yourself up – things happen. The sooner you accept it and move on, the better.
- Don’t burn the bridge. Work with your employer to help yourself.
- 1) Check if you are entitled to severance pay, vacation or sick pay,
- 2) Ask about extending health insurance benefits,
- 3) Ask about outplacement resources,
- 4) Request a reference letter from your employer
- Review your financial positions, obligations.
- Make a weekly or monthly budget. Buy what you need, so you don’t have to sell what you need.
- Watch out for credit card loans – they will eat you alive.
- Make an action plan with at least 3 scenarios from best to worst and examine your options.