Looking for tips to access the Arkansas Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
In this article, we will make Unemployment Insurance Benefits easy to understand with Arkansas Unemployment phone numbers and other contact information.
The experience of unemployment is often fraught with anxiety and feelings of worthlessness. Not being able to provide for oneself and one’s family can be very difficult, and the stress of the situation can be overwhelming.
Those who are unemployed may feel like they are a burden to their loved ones, and they may feel like they are not good enough or valuable enough. It is important to remember that you are not alone in this experience, and there are people who care about you and want to help.
You are valuable, even if you are not working at the moment. There are many resources available to you, so please do not hesitate to reach out for help.
Why did we create the Arkansas Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide?
Government websites can be difficult to navigate for a lot of people. They may be confusing or hard to use, and they may not have all the information people need. This can be frustrating and overwhelming, especially for people who are already struggling.
Having said that, please use our guide as support but NOT the official guide. You will NEED to contact the official unemployment government staff and fight for your own benefits. You can do this.
Who’s in charge of Arkansas Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
Arkansas Division of Workforce Services(ADWS) is in charge of administering the state’s unemployment insurance program.
Below is what its official website looks like.
The Arkansas Division of Workforce Services does not make a profit and does not assess success by corporate development and expansion because it is a governmental agency. The agency is different from other Arkansas state agencies in that it is supported entirely by federal funds.
Below is what its official website looks like.
Arkansas Unemployment Contact
- P.O. Box 2981
Little Rock, AR 72203
- #2 Capitol Mall
Little Rock, AR 72201
How To Qualify for Arkansas Unemployment Benefits
You must be an Arkansas resident and fulfill each of the following qualifying standards, as established by Arkansas law, to be eligible for unemployment assistance in Arkansas:
- You’re unemployed due to no fault of your own.
- When a job is offered, you must be physically and psychologically capable of accepting it.
- Available for acceptable job, including child care and transportation if necessary.
- Attempting to locate a suitable employment in an acceptable amount of time
- Free of any disqualifying characteristics such as involvement or direct interest in a labor dispute
If you’re not sure if you qualify, Arkansas urges you to file an unemployment claim as soon as you lose your job so that you can get an official determination.
How Much Unemployment Benefits Will I Get in Arkansas?
- Base Period: First 4 of the last 5 completed quarters
- Alt Base Period: Last 4 completed quarters
- Duration of Benefits: 9-16 weeks
- Weekly Payment: Min $81 to Max $451
- Maximum Benefits Amount (1 year): $$7,216
How Do I Apply for Arkansas Unemployment Benefits?
The Arkansas EZARC system is the quickest and easiest way to file an initial unemployment compensation claim. You’ll need to create an account before checking the status of your claim and submitting your weekly benefits certification.
If you don’t have access to the Internet, you can file for unemployment benefits in person at any Arkansas Workforce Center location. A legitimate government ID, such as a driver’s license or passport, is required.
How do I Manage My Arkansas Unemployment Benefits
You must file a weekly benefits claim each week that you want UI benefits to demonstrate the state of Arkansas that you are still eligible to receive benefits. You can utilize the ArkLine interactive voice response system to file for your weekly unemployment insurance benefits over the phone, which is a quick and straightforward process.
You can also file your weekly claim via the ArkNet online system. This is generally the quickest and most straightforward choice. You can use the same account that you used to make your original claim for unemployment benefits.
How Do I Appeal an Arkansas Unemployment Decision?
You and your employer both have the right to challenge any decision made about your unemployment benefits claim. You can do it in a variety of ways, including:
- Fill out an appeal form in writing.
- Write an original letter to the following address, formally requesting an appeal:
Arkansas Appeal Tribunal
P. O. Box 8013
Little Rock, Arkansas 72203
For your request to be considered, you must submit it in writing within the 20-day appeal period described in the official decision letter.
How Do I Report an Arkansas Unemployment Fraud?
Unemployment insurance fraud is a severe offense that can have far-reaching consequences. Unemployment benefits are diverted from Arkansas employees who need them the most due to fraud. When it comes to avoiding unemployment fraud, the Arkansas Division of Workforce Services begs for your help and attention.
If you know of someone who is collecting unemployment benefits fraudulently, please report them using the Arkansas online reporting form. You may also call 501-682-1058 to file a fraud report.
How Do I Talk to a Person in Arkansas Unemployment Customer Service?
- Dial 1-855-225-4440
- Press 2 (if you need to speak to a representative, to finalize your claim, backdate an existing claim or address any issue with your claim)
- Stay on the line
- The automated phone system will connect you to a live customer service agent from Arkansas Unemployment
AR Unemployment Voice Main Menu
- Press 1 if you need to reset or unlock your PIN or make an address correction.
- Press 2 if you need to speak to a representative, to finalize your claim, backdate an existing claim or address any issue with your claim.
Arkansas Unemployment Customer Service Representatives Hours
- Live Arkansas Unemployment Insurance customer service is available from 8am to 4pm Monday-Friday,
- Saturday-Sunday closed.
Arkansas Unemployment Support Phone Numbers
- AR Unemployment Support Phone Number: 1-855-225-4440 or 1-501-682-2121. Live Arkansas Unemployment Insurance customer service is available from 8am to 4pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- Automated Weekly Claims System: 1-501-907-2590.
- Toll Free Interstate Support: 1-866-392-7284.
- Employer registration, account maintenance, internet registration assistance: 1-501-682-3798.
- Quarterly wage updates, internet online reporting assistance: 1-501-682-3100.
- Quarterly Benefit Statements: 1-501-682-1181.
- Unemployment Assistant Director: 1-501-683-5342.
- You have questions about your claim: 1-844-908-2178.
Arkansas Unemployment Web Links
- Arkansas Unemployment Web Site
- Arkansas Division of Workforce Services Facebook page
- Arkansas Division of Workforce Services Twitter page
Arkansas Unemployment Insurance (UI) Mailing Addresses
- Arkansas Division of Workforce Services:
P.O. Box 2981
Little Rock, AR 72203
Arkansas Unemployment Live Chat Support
Arkansas Unemployment does not offer live chat customer assistance. To speak with a live customer care agent, phone 1-855-225-4440 and follow the on-screen instructions.
Arkansas Unemployment support email
- Arkansas Unemployment questions: ADWS.Info@arkansas.gov
Arkansas UI Help Center
You can find more information at Arkansas Unemployment Insurance (UI) Support page.
What if I quit?
In general, you are not eligible if you leave your work freely.
If you quit for “good cause,” though, you may be able to collect. The state unemployment office determines what constitutes good reason, and you can make your case for getting benefits.
You should be entitled to a hearing if your claim is denied so that you can explain your claim. You should contact your local office because regulations and conditions differ from state to state.
- Virginia Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
- Washington Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
- West Virginia Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
- Wisconsin Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
- Wyoming Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
Arkansas Unemployment Phone Number and Office Locations
|Arkansas Unemployment Office||Arkansas Unemployment Office Locations||Arkansas Unemployment Phone Number|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Harrison||818 Highway 62/65 NorthPO Box 280Harrison, AR 72601||870-741-8236|
|Arkansas Division of Workforce Services||819 Newman DriveHelena, AR 72342-3230||870-338-7415|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Hope||205 Smith Road Suite AHope, AR 71801||870-777-3421|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Hot Springs||201 Market St Suite AHot Springs, AR 71901||501-525-3450|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Jonesboro||2311 East Nettleton StreetJonesboro, AR 72401||870-935-5594|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Lake Village||103 Main StreetPO Box 806Lake Village, AR 71653||870-619-4744|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Little Rock||5401 South University Ave.Little Rock, AR 72209||501-682-7719|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Lonoke||902 N. Center StreetLonoke, AR 72086||501-676-2721|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Magnolia||104 Harvey Couch Blvd.PO Box 369Magnolia, AR 71754||870-234-3440|
|SAU Tech Adult Educ-ion – Columbia County||104 Harvey Couch BlvdMagnolia, AR 71753||870-234-6064|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Malvern||1735 East SullenbergerPO Box 788Malvern, AR 72104||501-332-5461|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Mena||1100 College DriveAbernathy BuildingMena, AR 71953||479-394-3060|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Monticello||477 South Main StreetPO Box 619Monticello, AR 71655||870-224-7075|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Morrilton||104 E. Railroad AveMorrilton, AR 72110||501-354-9793|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Mountain Home||1058 Highland Circle Suite 20Mountain Home, AR 72654||870-425-2386|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Mountain View||211 Blanchard AveMountain View, AR 72560||870-269-4070|
|Arkansas Department of Workforce Services||7648 Victory Blvd Suite BNewport, AR 72112||870-523-3641|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Pulaski County||324 W Pershing Blvd Suite 1North Little Rock, AR 72114||501-376-4119|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Paragould||1015 Linwood Drive Suite 4Paragould, AR 72450||870-236-8512|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Pine Bluff||1001 S Tennessee StreetPine Bluff, AR 71601||870-619-4803|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Nevada County||355 W 1st StPrescott, AR 71857||870-887-6626|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Rogers||100 North Dixieland Rd #B1-5Rogers, AR 72757-0999||479-636-4755|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Russellville||104 South RochesterPO Box 727Russellville, AR 72801||479-968-2784|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Searcy||501 West Arch StreetPO Box 248Searcy, AR 72145-0248||501-268-8601|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Texarkana||1702 Hampton RdTexarkana, AR 75503||870-216-4011|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – Van Buren||1500 East Main StreetVan Buren, AR 72956||479-474-7061|
|Crawford County Adult Education Center||605 Alma Blvd CircleVan Buren, AR 72956||479-471-0019|
|Arkansas Unemployment Office – West Memphis||2003 W BroadwayWest Memphis, AR 72301||870-735-6730|
We hope the above info has been helpful to you.
We do not make any financial advice but below are some of our thoughts that could help you stand on your feet sooner than later.
- Don’t feel shame about needing help, but also don’t feel entitled.
- Don’t beat yourself up – things happen. The sooner you accept it and move on, the better.
- Don’t burn the bridge. Work with your employer to help yourself.
- 1) Check if you are entitled to severance pay, vacation or sick pay,
- 2) Ask about extending health insurance benefits,
- 3) Ask about outplacement resources,
- 4) Request a reference letter from your employer
- Review your financial positions, obligations.
- Make a weekly or monthly budget. Buy what you need, so you don’t have to sell what you need.
- Watch out for credit card loans – they will eat you alive.
- Make an action plan with at least 3 scenarios from best to worst and examine your options.