John Cornyn is an American attorney and politician.
He has been serving as a senior United States Senator for the state of Texas since 2002. He was born in Huston. His father was a colonel in the U.S. Air Force. He studied in an American School in Japan in 1968 when his family moved there. He graduated in 1969.
He went to Trinity University where he majored in journalism. He graduated in 1973. He got a Juris Doctor from St. Mary’s University School of Law in 1977. He attended the University of Virginia School of Law in 1995. He got an LL.M. degree from the University.
Sen. Cornyn attended a two-week seminar in 1998 at Oxford University.
Senator John Cornyn Career
John Cornyn started his career as a district judge in San Antonio. He served as a judge for six years. He was elected as a Republican in 1990 to the Texas Supreme Court.
Sen. Cornyn decided to run for Texas attorney general in 1998. Cornyn won the runoff election and general election. He became the first Republican to be elected as attorney general of Texas.
He ran for Senate in 2002. He defeated Bruce Rusty Lang by a ten-to-one margin. He also won the general election that year. He was re-elected in 2008.
Cornyn was re-elected in 2014 and he “never broke a sweat”. In 2020, he was re-elected to a fourth term. At this point, the elections seemed to be unexpectedly competitive for other candidates.
Senator John Cornyn Accomplishments
Sen. Cornyn got awarded the “Crimefighter Award” in 2012 from RAINN (Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network). He also got the “Founders Award” from Children At Risk for his work in legislation to help end the rape kit backlog.
He was named “ Small Business Advocate of the year” in 213 by the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Senator John Cornyn Criticisms
Senator John Cornyn was criticized by civil rights groups for failing to investigate the false drug convictions of African Americans promptly.
Sen. Cornyn was criticized in 2020 by the National Council of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. He blamed the cultural practices in China for the Covid-19 pandemic and mistakenly for MERS and swine flu epidemics.
Senator John Cornyn Net Worth
According to Incomepedia, Senator John Cornyn net worth is estimated at about $2.2 million.
John Cornyn worked to reduce crimes in Texas, especially rape and child exploitation. He has gained much respect from people due to his work in these areas. He was named MR. South Texas in 2015 for his dedication to the development of the South Texas region and Laredo.
- Texas Senator Ted Cruz Bio | Contact | Quotes
- Texas Senator John Cornyn Bio | Contact | Quotes
- Texas Facts and Weird Laws
- Senator Mark Warner Bio and Wiki
- Senator Tim Kaine Bio and Wiki
- Senator Patrick Leahy Bio and Wiki
- Senator Maria Cantwell Bio and Wiki
- Senator Tammy Baldwin Bio and Wiki
1 thought on “Senator John Cornyn Bio and Wiki”
I have tried to contact your office on many occasions with NO response. I am using this forum to try to get a response to my listed concerns:
1. WHAT IS THE REPUBLICAN PLAN to take care of this out of control FEDERAL government. Though the promises from the left are absolutely rediculous and will have a suicidal effect on the middle class,at least THEY are talking. I can’t see any area where you are trying to adhere to republican values and concerns….When are you going to step up and give us a plan or will you blindly TRY to run this country as Biden and company do, on the premise of “we don’t have a crystal ball”. Seems it’s working for them,I think ,because our elected party officials DO NOT represent US! Sir, I commend GOV Abbott’s execution of his plan to draw attention to the border but what’s next? You know the answers. Why won’t you use the trust we placed in you to DO Your job? How about stopping goods and services to and from Mexico? When will an invasion be declared? May I please get a response? Respectfully