Looking for tips to access the Mississippi Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
In this article, we will make Unemployment Insurance Benefits easy to understand with Mississippi Unemployment phone numbers and other contact information.
The experience of unemployment is often fraught with anxiety and feelings of worthlessness. Not being able to provide for oneself and one’s family can be very difficult, and the stress of the situation can be overwhelming.
Those who are unemployed may feel like they are a burden to their loved ones, and they may feel like they are not good enough or valuable enough. It is important to remember that you are not alone in this experience, and there are people who care about you and want to help.
You are valuable, even if you are not working at the moment. There are many resources available to you, so please do not hesitate to reach out for help.
Why did we create the Mississippi Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide?
Government websites can be difficult to navigate for a lot of people. They may be confusing or hard to use, and they may not have all the information people need. This can be frustrating and overwhelming, especially for people who are already struggling.
Having said that, please use our guide as support but NOT the official guide. You will NEED to contact the official unemployment government staff and fight for your own benefits.
You can do this.
Who’s in charge of Mississippi Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
Mississippi Department of Employment Security(MDES) is in charge of administering the state’s unemployment insurance program.
Below is what its official website looks like.
Mississippi Unemployment Contact
- Phone: 601-321-6000
- Mississippi Department of Employment Security
Office of the Governor
1235 Echelon Parkway
P.O. Box 1699
Jackson, MS 39215-1699
Claim Service Line:
- Phone: 601-272-8332
How To Qualify for Mississippi Unemployment Benefits
While no eligibility finding is definitive until a claim is examined, a claimant who meets the following eligibility standards can normally be deemed eligible for UI benefits:
- You are unemployed due to no fault of your own and must make a weekly claim.
- You are physically and mentally capable of working a typical workweek for the sort of job that the claimant does.
- You must be available to work — the claimant must be willing to take full-time employment when it is provided, as well as have adequate transportation and childcare arrangements.
- You must be actively looking for work, making a good faith attempt to locate open positions on a regular basis.
How Much Unemployment Benefits Will I Get in Mississippi?
- Base Period: First 4 of the last 5 completed quarters
- Alt Base Period: N/A
- Duration of Benefits: 13-26 weeks
- Weekly Payment: Min $30 to Max $235
- Maximum Benefits Amount (1 year): $6,110
How Do I Apply for Mississippi Unemployment Benefits?
You should make an unemployment insurance claim online or by phoning 601-493-9427 as soon as you become jobless.
The first step is to create an online account with the Mississippi Department of Employment Services. Whether you want to submit an initial claim or look for a new employment, you must first register here. You create your login and PIN throughout this step so that you may access the system on a frequent basis.
After you’ve created your account, you may complete and submit your first claim by following the step-by-step instructions in the portal.
How do I Manage My Mississippi Unemployment Benefits
Part of continuing to receive unemployment benefits involves providing weekly information about your job search efforts, as well as reporting any income you may have earned through part-time or contract work.
Weekly claim certifications can be submitted online using the same login and PIN as when you first submitted your claim. Answering a series of short questions regarding your job search activity over the previous week is the first step in the process. Your UI benefits may be delayed if you fail to file your weekly claim certification on time.
How Do I Appeal a Mississippi Unemployment Decision?
If the claimant or the employer is dissatisfied with a decision on an initial claim, they can file an appeal and participate in an appeals hearing. You have 14 days from the day your determination letter was mailed to request an appeal if you disagree with the result.
You can do so by calling the Mississippi Department of Employment Security Call Center at 601-321-6000 or sending a written request to the address below:
P.O. Box 1699
Jackson MS, 39215-1699
You also may call the Appeals Department in the Mississippi state office at 601-321-6294.
How Do I Report a Mississippi Unemployment Fraud?
Every year, fraud and misuse cost a significant amount of money, taking much-needed funds away from Mississippi’s jobless. By reporting suspected fraud to the Mississippi Department of Employment Security, you may assist avert financial damage.
You may do so through any of the contact methods listed below:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 601-493-9427
- Fax: 601-321-6471
Mississippi Department of Employment Security
Benefit Payment Control Department
P.O. Box 23089
Jackson, MS 39225-3089
How Do I Talk to a Person in Mississippi Unemployment Customer Service?
- Dial 1-601-493-9427
- Press 1 (for English)
- Press 1 (if you are an employer)
- Press 3 (for all other employer-related questions)
- Stay on the line
- The automated phone system will connect you to a live customer service agent from Mississippi Unemployment
MS Unemployment Voice Main Menu
- Press 1 if you are an employer.
- Press 2 if you are a claimant.
- Press 3 to file an appeal.
- Press 4 to reach the benefit payment control or fraud department.
MS Unemployment Voice Sub-Menu (if you press 1)
- Press 1 for questions related to unemployment taxes.
- Press 2 to reset your password.
- Press 3 for all other employer-related questions.
Mississippi Unemployment Customer Service Representatives Hours
- Live Mississippi Unemployment Insurance customer service is available from 7am to 7pm Monday-Friday,
- Saturday-Sunday closed.
Mississippi Unemployment Support Phone Numbers
- MS Unemployment Support Phone Number: 1-601-493-9427 or 1-601-326-1119. Live Mississippi Unemployment Insurance customer service is available from 7am to 7pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) or for PUA Assistance: 1-601-493-9427.
- Unemployment Insurance Tax assistance: 1-601-493-9427. Live customer service representatives from Mississippi Unemployment Insurance are available from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- Mississippi follows the Department of Labor federal regulations for Child Labor, Overtime, Employer Rights, Labor Laws, and Minimum Wage: 1-866-487-9243.
- Work Opportunities Tax Credit program for Businesses: 1-601-321-6013.
- Global Trade Adjustment Assistance for businesses and workers facing layoffs due to foreign competition: 1-601-321-6424.
- Rapid Response services and resources for employers and workers affected by business closure or layoff: 1-800-762-2781.
- Veteran Services: 1-601-321-6512.
- Foreign Labor certification: 1-601-321-6030.
- Employment and Training programs: 1-601-321-5431.
Mississippi Unemployment Web Links
Mississippi Unemployment Insurance (UI) Mailing Addresses
Mississippi Department of Employment Security:
- Office of the Governor
1235 Echelon Parkway
P.O. Box 1699
Jackson, MS 39215-1699
MS Unemployment Live Chat Support
Live chat customer service is not available from MS Unemployment. To contact a live customer service representative you need to dial 1-601-493-9427 and follow the instructions above.
MS Unemployment support email
- Unemployment Benefits: email@example.com
- Unemployment Tax: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unemployment Benefits Overpayments: email@example.com
- Appeals: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General questions or comments concerning labor market information: email@example.com
- General questions or comments regarding equal opportunity laws and regulations: firstname.lastname@example.org
MS UI Help Center
You can find more information at MS Unemployment Insurance (UI) Support page.
What if I quit?
In general, you are not eligible if you leave your work freely.
If you quit for “good cause,” though, you may be able to collect. The state unemployment office determines what constitutes good reason, and you can make your case for getting benefits.
You should be entitled to a hearing if your claim is denied so that you can explain your claim. You should contact your local office because regulations and conditions differ from state to state.
- Kansas Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
- Kentucky Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
- Louisiana Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
- Maine Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
- Maryland Unemployment Insurance Benefits Guide
Mississippi Unemployment Phone Number and Office Locations
|Mississippi Unemployment Office||Mississippi Unemployment Office Locations||Mississippi Unemployment Phone Number|
|Amory Unemployment Office||1619 Highland DrivePO Box 415Amory, MS 38821||662-256-2618|
|Batesville Unemployment Office||103-16 Woodland RoadTylertown Plaza; PO Box 1511Batesville, MS 38606||662-360-1236|
|Tupelo Unemployment Office||3200 Adams Farm Road #200Belden, MS 38826||662-842-4371|
|Brookhaven Unemployment Office||545 Brookway BoulevardPO Box 790Brookhaven, MS 39601||601-833-3511|
|Marshall County Unemployment Office||4700 Cayce Rd.Byhalia, MS 38611||662-851-4190|
|Madison County Unemployment Office||152 Watford Parkway DrSuite B; PO Box 450Canton, MS 39046||601-859-7609|
|Carthage Unemployment Office||202 C.O. Brooks StreetCarthage, MS 39051||601-267-9282|
|Clarksdale Unemployment Office||236 Sharkey Avenue3rd Floor; PO Box 640Clarksdale, MS 38614||662-624-9001|
|Cleveland Unemployment Office||119 North Commerce AvenuePO Box 1750Cleveland, MS 38732||662-843-2704|
|Columbia Unemployment Office||1111 US Highway 98 Suite AColumbia, MS 39429||601-736-2628|
|Corinth Unemployment Office||2759 South Harper RoadCorinth, MS 38834||662-696-2336|
|Forest Unemployment Office||536 Deer Field DriveForest, MS 39074||601-469-2851|
|Greenville Unemployment Office||800 Dr Martin Luther King Jr BlvdDelta Plaza Shopping Ctr #C54Greenville, MS 38703||662-332-8101|
|Greenwood Unemployment Office||812 West Park Ave.PO Box 554Greenwood, MS 38930||662-459-4600|
|Grenada Unemployment Office||1229-A Sunset DriveGrenada, MS 38901||662-226-2911|
|Gulfport Unemployment Office||10162 Southpark DrivePO Box 2849Gulfport, MS 39503||228-897-6900|
|Hattiesburg Unemployment Office||1911 Arcadia StreetHattiesburg, MS 39401||601-584-1202|
|Houston Unemployment Office||210 South Monroe StreetHouston, MS 38851||662-407-1219|
|Indianola Unemployment Office||226 North Martin Luther King DrPO Box 963Indianola, MS 38751||662-887-2502|
|Iuka Unemployment Office||1107 Maria LaneIuka, MS 38852||662-423-9231|
|Jackson Unemployment Office||5959 I 55 N Frontage RoadJackson, MS 39213||601-321-7931|
|Laurel Unemployment Office||Highway 15 North2139 Suite DLaurel, MS 39440||601-399-4000|
|Lexington Unemployment Office||303 Yazoo StreetPO Box 385Lexington, MS 39095||662-834-2426|
|Louisville Unemployment Office||790 North Court AvenueLouisville, MS 39339||662-773-5051|
|McComb Unemployment Office||1400 A Harrison Ave.Mccomb, MS 39648||601-684-4421|
|Meridian Unemployment Office||2000 Highway 19 NMeridian, MS 39307||601-553-9511|
|Natchez Unemployment Office||107 Col John Pitchford PkwyPO Box 810 (39121)Natchez, MS 39120||601-442-0243|
|New Albany Unemployment Office||301 North StreetNew Albany, MS 38652||662-692-1502|
|Oxford Unemployment Office||1310 Belk Boulevard Suite 1Oxford, MS 38655||662-236-7201|
|Pascagoula Unemployment Office||1604 Denny AvenuePO Box 1058 (39568)Pascagoula, MS 39567||228-762-4713|
|Pearl Unemployment Office||212 St Paul StreetPearl, MS 39208||601-321-5441|
|Picayune Unemployment Office||2005 Wildwood RoadPicayune, MS 39466||601-798-3472|
|Pontotoc WIN Center||316A Coffee StreetPontotoc, MS 38863||662-407-1226|
|Vicksburg Unemployment Office||755 HWY 27 SouthVicksburg, MS 39180||601 619-2841|
|Vicksburg Specialty Unemployment Office||100 Smokey LaneVicksburg, MS 39180||601-638-2770|
[This is reusable]
We hope the above info has been helpful to you.
We do not make any financial advice but below are some of our thoughts that could help you stand on your feet sooner than later.
- Don’t feel shame about needing help, but also don’t feel entitled.
- Don’t beat yourself up – things happen. The sooner you accept it and move on, the better.
- Don’t burn the bridge. Work with your employer to help yourself.
- 1) Check if you are entitled to severance pay, vacation or sick pay,
- 2) Ask about extending health insurance benefits,
- 3) Ask about outplacement resources,
- 4) Request a reference letter from your employer
- Review your financial positions, obligations.
- Make a weekly or monthly budget. Buy what you need, so you don’t have to sell what you need.
- Watch out for credit card loans – they will eat you alive.
- Make an action plan with at least 3 scenarios from best to worst and examine your options.